Postal Bank and Postal ATM
Department of Posts is going to introduce Banking service through Post Offices. All post offices will also work as Post Banks. ATMs will also be introduced along with Postal Banks.
Under Prepaid card scheme which is to be launched in collaboration with banks,. all expenses are to be borne by banks. Cards will be issued to customers who have Savings account only and later expanded to other customers. With help of card one can withdraw money in POs/ Any ATM/make purchase in any merchant outlets. A minimum charge will be levied for each operation. Minim um load is Rs 1000 maximum reload to card is Rs50000. Maximum withdrawal is 10000 per day and only four times can a card be used in a single given day.
13 பிப்ரவரி, 2011
9 பிப்ரவரி, 2011
Now your Face also on Stamps !!
The stamp will have two parts-the currency part and the photograph-detachable from each other. If the experiment with individual consumers is successful, Indian companies may also be allowed to carry their own logos and postage stationery in future, the spokeswoman added.
Thus Infosys, Wipro or Reliance may have its logo embedded in postage stationery, which can be personalised when a company achieves a certain milestone, as well. These milestones can be a large deal, a new CEO, an international listing or a big acquisition, which the company would like to be highlighted to its key audience.
For now, personalised postage is allowed only for individual citizens. One can also bring one's own or spouse's photo with an ID card, to have it converted into a personalised stamp.
My Stamp Features
* Will be Introduced in World Philatelic Exhibition which is to be held in Delhi Next Week.
* You can your Face on the stamp.
* Currently applicable to Individuals only.
* Customer has to bring one's own or spouse's photo with an ID Card.
* Rs 150 for 8 stamp sheets.
* Stamp Background in 6 themes.
* Themes include Taj Mahal, Tale of Pancha Tantra, Trains, Wildlife, Aeroplanes and Sun Signs.
* Initially available in selected Post offices only.
"'My Stamp' is a wonderful way to celebrate special occasions such as engagements, birth of a baby, or to send as greetings to loved ones,"
6 பிப்ரவரி, 2011
1. Department of Posts and UIDAI wish to collaborate to provide state of art bio-metric and ID authentication services to the residents.
2. Providing of enrolment and updation facility to the residents of India in identified post offices across the country subject to economic & operational viability.
5. Sharing demographic and biometric data collected during enrolment for Aadhaar on mutually agreed terms & conditions;
6. Utilizing Media Post and Direct Mail services of Department of Posts by the UIDAI to targeted group of residents across the country to promote Aadhar on mutually agreed terms & conditions.
7. In a recognition of the fact that Aadhaar enablement may call for running Proof of Concept and Pilot projects both side agree to do so where deemed necessary and subject to mutual convenience. Such exercises as may be undertaken in pursuit of this understanding will endeavour to produce Detailed Project Reports which can be effectively used to scale up the projects on successful completion.
The mandate of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is to provide a Unique Identification Number to each and every resident of the country. This involves:-
a) Capture of demographic and bio-metric data of each and every resident.
b) Generating a Unique Identification Number for each resident of the country.
c) Printing a communication carrying the Unique Identification Number addressed to each resident.
d) Delivery of this communication to the resident.
e) Updation of resident's data on a periodic basis.
b) Transmission of the UID communications printed at Department of Posts' 'Print to Post' facility to the addressee by the fastest means.
c) Delivery of the UID communication to the addressee through the vast network of post offices across the country.