Now your Face also on Stamps !!
The stamp will have two parts-the currency part and the photograph-detachable from each other. If the experiment with individual consumers is successful, Indian companies may also be allowed to carry their own logos and postage stationery in future, the spokeswoman added.
Thus Infosys, Wipro or Reliance may have its logo embedded in postage stationery, which can be personalised when a company achieves a certain milestone, as well. These milestones can be a large deal, a new CEO, an international listing or a big acquisition, which the company would like to be highlighted to its key audience.
For now, personalised postage is allowed only for individual citizens. One can also bring one's own or spouse's photo with an ID card, to have it converted into a personalised stamp.
My Stamp Features
* Will be Introduced in World Philatelic Exhibition which is to be held in Delhi Next Week.
* You can your Face on the stamp.
* Currently applicable to Individuals only.
* Customer has to bring one's own or spouse's photo with an ID Card.
* Rs 150 for 8 stamp sheets.
* Stamp Background in 6 themes.
* Themes include Taj Mahal, Tale of Pancha Tantra, Trains, Wildlife, Aeroplanes and Sun Signs.
* Initially available in selected Post offices only.
"'My Stamp' is a wonderful way to celebrate special occasions such as engagements, birth of a baby, or to send as greetings to loved ones,"